Back by Popular Demand!
BPEFCU celebrates its youth by awarding two $500 scholarships for High School graduates registering for their first semester of college or trade school in the fall of 2014.
To be considered for the Barton Plant EFCU Scholarship, applicants must:
1. Be a member of Barton Plant EFCU
2. Be graduating from high school in the Spring of 2014
3. Plan to attend an accredited college or trade school in the fall of 2014
4. Complete an application and essay
5. Submit an application package
All applicants must submit an application package which includes:
1. A completed application and personal essay
2. An official high school transcript
3. Two recommendation forms, one of which must be from a teacher from your junior or senior year
Please attach a personal essay disclosing the following:
1. Why you believe you are deserving of a scholarship
2. What your major or focus of study will be and why you chose this particular field
3. What are your goals for the future and how do you plan to achieve these goals
Please keep essay to a maximum of 2 pages (typed, using a 12 point font and double spacing)
Please submit two recommendation forms (ONLY 2)
1. One of which must be from a teacher from your junior or senior year
Completed application packages must be submitted no later than Wednesday, April 16, 2014 to:
Barton Plant EFCU
Attn: Scholarship Program Committee
P.O. Box 433
Boutte, LA 70039
Incomplete or late packages will not be considered. Please click HERE for a complete scholarship packet or call the credit union at 985-785-3350 to obtain your application via mail or email.
Surcharge-Free ATM locations!
Click on the links below!
Mission Statement of Barton Plant EFCU:
We are a member-owned and operated financial institution, existing to help achieve the financial needs of our members, through dedicated and efficient personal service.